Re: [at-l] Gear List

>>Hiking Shorts - 2 pr. Terramar EC2 T-Shirt - 2 pr
>>REI Polypro Long Underwear - Zip top and Longjohns
>>Sports Bra - 2 polypro/spandex blend (no cotton)
>>Underwear - 2 pr
>
> Why so many pairs for both of you? I can see 3 pairs of sock, but only 1 of
> sock liners, if any. You might want a pair of some sort of dry clothes for
> camp, but otherwise I'd avoid the extra pairs (which will all stink equally
> within a week).

After suffering twice from the first stages of hypothermia, I would suggest
that you not skimp on clothing, especially in the beginning, when unexpected
spring snowstorms can hit and leave you cold and wet.  if you're not
comfortable, you're not going to enjoy the hike, and the clothing that you
wear is one of the most important factors in comfort.

belcher

To:            at-l@backcountry.net