Re: [at-l] Gear List

Troubador did a PCT & AT wearing the same pair of frogg toggs.  Like we all
know some folks wear out clothes faster than others.  I tore a hole in the
pants first time I wore them.  Since then no more problems.  I agree no
bushwaking with them.  They almost remind of Tyvek.  I can attest they are
windproof & waterproof.
Looks like you'll have a nice group of folks at the GA Ruck.  Where are you
parking the Greyhound Buses from the AT Travel Agency;)
Happy Holidays
John O

At 06:27 PM 12/20/00 -0500, W F Thorneloe wrote:
>I liked your review of the list. I've heard of Froggtoggs and understood
>they look great but were fragile.
>
>When I met Mr. Zip 2 weeks ago, he was flip flopping from Perisburg wearing
>a jacket given to him on Mt.K by another hiker who had thru hiked NOBO with
>it. It looked well used, but kept him warm and dry (well, dry anyway) but
>no rips or tears. I gather that FroggToggs are good for AT and city use,
>but too fragile for bushwhacking. I have REI shell and Columbia rain pants.
>The rain pants are only for certifiably cold and wet hikes. When I get the
>chance, I'll replace my REI shell with Froggtogg or equivalent. I'd
>consider a silnylon tarp/poncho as an option.
>
>OrangeBug
>
>At 06:08 PM 12/20/2000 -0500, John O wrote:
>>Frogg Toggs are lighter and less expensive.  Cost around $65.
>><http://froggtoggs.com/Products.html>
>
>* From the AT-L |  Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *

        "Adventure is worthwhile"
             Amelia Earhart