Re: [at-l] Falling Belcher

OK, here's the story...

I have absolutely no balance.  I can't walk a straigt line without falling.
I averaged about 2 falls a day, and one spectacular spill a week.  (In '98 I
took a beautiful spill on Killington and had to get 15 stitches in my knee.
Luckily I didn't have that kind of tragedy this year).

I was hiking with Colorado, who was pretty intent on finding a trail name
for me.  I was thinking I'd get "one-a-day" or "daily tripper" or something
like that.

But then we went to Goose Creek Cabins and met Hungry Howie, Mercury, Sweep,
Pigpen & Ward.

We ate lots of pizza that night.  I got severe heartburn.

The next night at the shelter, I ate all of Mercury's Tums and continued to
suffer.  I kept everyone up w/ my burping.

Soooo, because I fell a lot and burped all night, I was annointed with the
name of "Falling Belcher,"  which was shortened to "Belcher," even though I
fell more than I belched.

The funniest thing was that when people would catch me and I'd introduce
myself as Belcher, they'd look at me funny (because they'd only read my
register entries) and say "You're Belcher?  I thought you were some big fat
dude!"  That always made me laugh.

the infamouse Falling Belcher

To:            AT-list <at-l@backcountry.net>