Re: [at-l] Road to Springer

I can't imagine the FS roads are very passable just now unless in 4 wheel -
preferably a Hummer. All main roads are said to be clear and sanded,
although ice from melting is likely. I'd expect the road near Goose Creek
over to Suches is slick over the first several miles as is climbs past
Randolph Scott Lake.

Georgia has a pretty good system for knowing road conditions, especially
around Atlanta. It is called Navigator, and includes cameras and radars to
let you know of speeds. I forget the main URL, but www.11alive.com should
get you to it with a few clicks. I am sure the Georgia DOT has a separate
web page for the rest of GA.

OrangeBug

To:            At-l@backcountry.net