Re: always looking to be popular.....Re: [at-l] GPS & misc.

>>>"So what do we do to educate them,...."<<<<

If we are still talking about illegal mtn. bikers who assault hikers
with their bikes/downhill momentum: although personal, practical safety
and common sense should rule the day in any type of isolated
confrontation, people who use implied or actual force to make their way
along a thoroughfare generally are only educable by applying a greater
or more unique force than their own. Someone, or a group of someones who
would attempt to run a hiker off a foot-trail will, contrary to the law
of might-makes-right, eventually run into someone with a firm
understanding of what is nice and what is not, and they will fall off
their bikes. The hiker involved will not be toting a Leki and will
probably have not been acclimated to the concept of bicyclists on hiking
trails.

Alejandro

" When I was a boy, I was told that anyone could become President; I'm
beginning to believe it." - Clarence Darrow

To:            <At-l@backcountry.net>