RE: [at-l] GPS & misc.

I've was leading a backpack (10 people) out of Mohican

on the NJ section of the A.T. and unfortunately
managed to drive several deer North on the ridge right

into 3 deer hunters, standing on the trail, with guns
at the ready. This was near the firetower. Also knew
they weren't supposed to be there.
TT
--- tyoung@kskcommunications.com wrote:
> I've also noticed a number of mountain bikes as well
> around Sky
> Meadows/Ashby Gap/Snickers Gap (VA).  I was even
> more alarmed to see several
> individuals with shotguns and/or rifles.  I've got
> nothing against guns, but
> not on or around the AT.  Safety (i.e. a pistol) on
> the trail is one thing,
> but it is a little alarming to hear gun shots while
> you're hiking.

[ *** too many quoted lines.  automatically truncated *** ]

To:            MDel725817@aol.com, at-l@backcountry.net