[at-l] year 46

What a mess.

The sprinkler three floors above us went off while its occupants were not at home. I'm glad I didn't come home THAT mess. What I came home to was a water, three inches deep throughout the house. We walked on carpet that in such circumstances is more aptly called a sponge.
I had client papers on the floor that got wet. Mostly it's clothes on the floor that we're washing now. We'll throw out a blanket or two. No real losses. The computer I put up on the desk.

Use my email address to communicate. I can pick up this email at work.

Yesterday was bad enough with me misplacing my bank card. DoT still hasn't mailed me my drivers license. So now I have no ID. The car blew a tire and was in the shop from around 6pm last nite until 6pm today. I missed a day at work. The divorce litigation continues with nothing but silence from the otherside on the date for me to remove my things.

So, year 45 ends with a flood, and yet another move to a new apartment, a lender because of the water ...

January 7 we expect to move into a three bedroom apartment at Trowbridge, behind North Springs High School and over looking a "lake" [read: pond]. Mosquitoes I'd guess are the consequences, but we look forward to more room and proximity to the kids' school next year and years following. I intend to stay there as long as I can and work to change our living conditions.

The vague outlines of a dream (I'm starting to think about the future again) have appeared: I'll stay in an apartment for the next 5 to 10 years and save what I can for a place in South Georgia up river a few miles from the ocean, maybe in the rural area around St. Mary's or Brunswick. From there I can kyak the inland water way and work my profession in a small town environment and live quietly away from the big city. My girls will have a place near the ocean to bring their families when they have one.

year 45 ends; year 46 begins in two weeks, and I'll be happy to say good bye to this one.

David

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---