[at-l] Patch - stories & pics needed

If possible, would someone post this msg to ATML, i finally left that list.
-FP

   From: AlgaeskyNS@aol.com
Subject: Patch

Just a note for you to send out to '99 hikers that knew Patch. The funeral
was on Friday, the 15th, and was attended by Tree, Paranoid, Yogi, Citrus,
Wandering Taoist, and myself. Before the funeral, we all met at Patch's
stepmom, Barbara's house and met Patch's family. They are a fantastic group
of people, all friendly, and they accepted us with open arms. They were
truly grateful that we could share in remembering Patch with them.

The funeral service was nice. Some of the family and the hikers got up and
spoke about favorite memories of Gus and as we knew him, "Patch." Everyone
that knew him most likely learned something from him. He is going to be
missed by a lot of people.

Since I know this is going straight to the mailing list, I'd like to ask
everyone that knew Patch to send me an e-mail describing a favorite or funny
memory of Patch or something that he taught you during the course of your
hike. I'm going to compile all of these stories and mail the finished
product to member of Patch's family.

If you could all do this as soon as you get the chance that would be great.
Or, if you know you want to send me a story, but know it may take a while
for you to do, just e-mail me and tell me so that I won't leave anyone out.

Thanks everyone so much in advance. I know that this will mean a great deal
to Patch's family to see how many lives he has touched.

If you know someone that might have a story, but doesn't have e-mail, have
them write me at:

Nikki Schantz aka Algae
6107 Melrose
Shawnee, KS 66203