[at-l] GPS & misc.

My ridiculous (term of endearment) husband has just bought a global
positioning device for me to take along on the trail with me.  Can you
believe it?!  I really suspect he wants to use it for his Army manouvers.  He
also wants me to carry a cell phone, large blast whistle, signal mirror, and
ham radio.  I'm surprised he hasn't asked me to carry one of those "I've
fallen and I can't get up" medical devices.  Probably hasn't thought of that
one yet.  I CAN remember a few times on the trail by myself when I really had
fallen and couldn't get up, but I always righted myself like a turtle.
Anyway I think I'll stick with the whistle.

From topics of conversation I've decided to leave my bright orange trowel at
home.  I'm going to try a plastic mouthguard, and I'm going to cut (but not
shave!) my pubic hair.  Are you SURE it doesn't get itchy? :-)  One more
thing:  does anyone have gortex boots and how do they waterproof them?
Carpe Diem aka Kathy C

To:            MMSW00@aol.com, at-l@backcountry.net