Re: [at-l] GA RUCK INFO [was: Mini-ruck]

At 01:05 PM 12/15/2000 -0500, DanandGailSC@aol.com wrote:
>Can someone give me some info on the cabins in GA?  I would like to know the
>cost and also the number to call to make reservations.  Gutsy

Certainly, we can. Rates will vary, but should be on the thru hiker rate.
Here is the text from my earlier message on the GA RUCK:

The number for Goose Creek is 706 745-5111.
Snail mail address is PO Box 906 Blairsville, GA 30514
Their Email address is goosecreekcabins@juno.com

They have on site 12 cabins of a variety of sizes, some with phones and
TV's, one with Satellite TV (they moved it to #12 from #11 since
Cricket and the other HATTers and I were there). Most of these cabins
sleep 4, with the likelihood of more if floors and sleeping bags are
used appropriately.

I took the opportunity to take a cabin overlooking the lodge, with a
big bed, and space for my boxers - the dogs. Remember, if you sleep
with dogs you are going to get fleas.

Basically, I'm organizing a time and place, and allowing the anarchy to
rule. If you want to RUCK with the South, make a reservation and alert
the list if you want to share space. There are other cabins in the
immediate area, but more expensive (but far less than a flophouse in
Manhatten). As more reserve a cabin, rates will decrease. For instance,
#7 is listed at $75, but likely to be less - much less.

So that is the RUCK situation as best as I know how to put it together,
as a n'er-do-well slacker in organizing such things. Now I get to
figure out how to say, "Honey, I want you to meet 50 of my closest
friends that I've never met."

OrangeBug

To:            AT-list <at-l@backcountry.net>