Re: [at-l] Backpack Straps

I guess I'll weigh in with my solution.

I've isolated the cause for one strap slipping all the time. It's my right
shoulder, and the cause is an asymmetry in my body. When climbing I
evidently put more tension on the right side of my pack and slowly pull the
strap out of position. I could rely on having to readjust after every
climb, only the right side.

My solution was to sew a small tab of velcro material (the loop material)
to act as a blocker. When under tension the extra material prevents the
strap from slipping. If I need to remove the strap from the buckle I can
still do it by pushing the material through when the strap is relaxed. My
original solution was to use a knot, then I used a safety pin for awhile.

Arthur D. Gaudet         	"Is walking down called hiking, too?"

(RockDancer)  	                 -heard at the top of Mt Washington, NH

To:            Ben Wright <silas_wright@yahoo.com>
Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net