Re: [at-l] Backpack Straps

Draggin' Al, I've had your problem before, too. One solution is new
straps, but Chase/Leslie have the better idea: it's working loose because
it lacks sufficient stiffness. A long lasting solution would be a VERY
thinly applied layer of Shoo Goo, on the "inside" side. It would move
through the strap as easily when you wanted, but worked into the fibers,
would provide shoe sole stiffness for a longggg time. Or 25 year caulk.

--- Leslie Booher <lwbooher@halifax.com> wrote:
> I don't know that this would work, but what about rubbing some rubber
> cement or barge cement into the strap where it goes through the buckle,
then let it dry completely before you re-attach it.  That might give it a
little more traction.  Leslie (anklebear)

bugs me mightily.  No matter what I do to secure the various straps, many
of them work lose after a short period of time and I find myself going
down the trail tugging at my waistband strap or pulling on the straps up
around shoulder level or tightening the chest strap - one after the other,
over and over again.

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10