[at-l] External vs Internal

>Step  one:  Throw  away  your  external  pack
>
>Step two: Buy  an internal pack

LOL !!

I will NOT throw away my K2shortbed. I like this pack too much and it set me back mucho dinero ...  and I like air circulating across my back. Besides, the name has sentimental associations with a certain third world country and a brand of cigarettes sold there.

I'm on the pivot between "regular" and "lite" in my thoughts and dreams right now. My shortbed gets emptier and emptier with every trip I take. I'm not yet ready to go "ultralite" but it holds a significant fascination for me, as does dirtbagging. I can thank this wonderful list for my interest in ultralite and the magazine in the Dr's office for my fascination with dirtbagging.

I MAY get an internal frame eventually ... haven't found one I like ... yet ... It'll be my "go lite" pack, so I'm open to suggestions, recommendations, and etc. One criteria I have for it is that it MUST be no larger than what I need to carry to go lite in winter time. What number should I look for in centimeters cubed??

David Addleton
http://dfaddleton.50megs.com
vocate atque nonvocate deus aderit

To:            AThiker@smithville.net