[at-l] clevis pin

Well Navigator, back in the old days.... <g>
Really, clevis pins are common on external frame packs. Kelty used them to
hold the bag to the frame, particularly on the Tioga series, and on most
external frame packs the pins were used to attach the shoulder straps and
hip belt to the frame. Since it would not be fun to carry  pack with your
suspension falling off it's always a good idea to carry a back up clevis
pin. Never saw an internal frame pack with a clevis pin, and all the years
I carried an external frame pack and a back up pin, the only time I had use
for it was when I gave it away to someone in dire straits...

Skeeter

To:            at-l@backcountry.net