Re: [at-l] Ga Ruck - Scapple

> We have gathered together today ... The term 'homicide' comes from the
> fact that the Indians were 'killed' because of the hominy ... The only
> good thing that comes from it are grits, and they're disgusting. But, it
> will do your heart some good to observe a moment of silence today in
> honor of hominy, that dried-corn treat of days gone by.

Well shoot, I just fixed up a mess of grits this morning!  Didn't know that
it was a treat from "days gone by" :-)  However, if you make them wrong they
are only good for spackle.  You've got to have a mix of butter, salt, 1/2
water & 1/2 milk.  Bring to a boil & add the grits.  Cook until they are
soft.  Serve with eggs and bacon.

Charles

P.S. I believe that 'homicide' is an old Latin word.

To:            at-l <at-l@backcountry.net>