Re: [at-l] reading maps

sly@pocketmail.com wrote:

> southwalker99 wrote:
>
> > >"I figure when people
> > say something is "straight up" they're thinking about the vertical profile
> > and not what they actually hiked.  of Chairback Gap, Wildcat and "The Arm" to name a few places.
> >
> that Felix fellow adds:
>
> ...and either side of Carter Notch and the north side of Madison...
>
> and Sly wants to know:
>
> Didn't either of you do Katahdin or just start the streams?

...and for the cat, a den.  Well, the 'straight ups' on the Big K were just climbing a boulder here
and there. Sure, the incline was steep overall. But, the climbs around Carter and Wildcat, for
instance, were sustained. (Stoat and I went down Wildcat after dark...) Plus, Katahdin doesn't count
because the added adrenalin makes up for the steepness. (Doncha think?)

--
Felix Navidad
ME-->GA '98

To:            sly@pocketmail.com