Re: [at-l] reading maps

>"I figure when people
say something is "straight up" they're thinking about the vertical profile
and not what they actually hiked. There are some steep parts on the trail,
but not that steep... :) "

I am less sure about that. Seems to me there are a few spots that are
straight up, at least close enough to be considered so. That wall just north
of Chairback Gap, Wildcat and "The Arm" to name a few places.

southwalker99@alltel.net
ME-GA '99
In hiking there is no special recognition given for speed, style or
finesse. There are only those that do the hike and those that don't.