Re: ex-barefoot blues

The hiker formerly known as P-foot here.  OK, I still answer to Playfoot,
but I hiked with my old trailname "Streaker" for the last 160 miles.  I have
now successfully completed the section from Davenport Gap down to...
Springer! ;)  Yes, I have finished for Y2K and am presently home for a
couple of days before driving back down to GA to see Tuba, Solid, Still
Searchin', and whoever else is there summit on 12/16.  The 4" of snow on
12/2 gave me all of the motivation necessary to push on and get to the
finish line.  I hiked with Hypothetical, Looking Glass, and AYCE for most of
it and had Andrew and British Bedbug there for the last couple of days.  The
lodge at Amicola Falls is awesome... they serve champagne and have an
amazing buffet. ;)

Winter camping is a gnarly beast and I wish all those still on the trail who
may get this the best of luck with the weather and all of the perserverance
in the world.  My prayers and warm thoughts go out to you and I look forward
to seeing you all at the Gathering next year if not before.

Jackrabbit, I may be interested on joining you to finish your missing
section if you go to fill it in.  Keep me posted on your progress and any
plans for the spring.

Peace,
Streaker/Playfoot

To:            "'at-l@backcountry.net'" <at-l@backcountry.net>