Stitches is from X-Men was Re: [at-l] Reducing paper weight (was yogi-ing hikers?)

--- Mara Factor <m_factor@hotmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, with judicious use of the reducer on a photocopier, I got the
> entire databook on three sheets of 8.5x11 (doublesided).  I also got 14
> pages of the Companion on a single sheet (doublesided) of 8.5x11.  Some
> found the print too small to read but it worked for me...

### November 22, 2000; 17:40 hours..... 6,600 feet high, on top of
Clingman's Dome. Temperature around 20*F or so, wind chill taking a bunch
off of that -- the wind was gusting to maybe 20mph. Sunset was a few
minutes ago, and the light is fading fast; four miles (maybe) to Mount
Collins.... the powdery snow was squeaky underfoot.
Back at the bottom of the tower, I was putting my pack on, and brushed an
insect from my shoulder. Stitches is twenty feet away.
"Brrr." says I int the wind, "Snow 'Skeeter trying to find a meal."
"Nahhh." says Stitches, "Just cold."
"Huh? Howdyew know?" askes I above the wind.
"Shape of abdomen -- I saw he was a male." she replies (*)......

I've come to the conclusion that Stitches' eyes are somewhat above
ordinary humans' level -- somewhat where the "X-Men" mutants are... Take
any vision-related posts from her with an appropriate grain of salt.

Sloetoe

(*) notes that this conversation could easily have taken place.

=====
There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotions of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder.

T.Roosevelt 4/23/10