[at-l] Re: Re reading maps was Re Re yogi-ing hikers

I don't have any that I can look at right now, but I can't think of any of my AT maps that have
contour lines of merely 10'. I've seen 40' and 100' lines. I'm not saying they don't exist, jus that
I can't recall seeing any.

Orienting yourself to something other than north is a mistake I've seen made bfore. Hell, I've
looked at maps beofre and thought, "the trail seems more wiggly than the map suggest," before
remembering what scale the map is drawn too. I do remember. Some poeple don't or maybe just don't
know.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **

To:            at-l@backcountry.net (AT-L listserve)