Re: [at-l] Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 18:44:06 -0800

larry galyen wrote:

> Bill,  I read the other day that Krispy Kreme doughnuts had less callories and fat grams that a bagel and cream cheese. I am not sure how we could keep those doughtnuts hot on the trail though.

I saw the president of Krispy Kreme (I have a poster of him on my wall) on NBR the other night. He said that a glazed donut has like 187 calories. I thought "It has to take more calories than that to eat and digest them" So, I
figure I'm loosing weight by eating a dozen a day.

> When I was in college in Chattanooga, I would go to the KK store at 11pm and get some hot off the belt.  Then buy a quart of milk and go to my dorm and have a feast.
> Plodder

Stoat and I used to split a dozen donuts and I'd get a quart of 1/2 and .5  and sit on the bench and eat. That was livin'. And, something you can only do while thru-hiking.

--
Felix Navidad
ME-->GA '98

To:            at-l@backcountry.net