Re: [at-l] Re: attitudes

Turbo Turtle wrote:

> During my hike, I actually came to the conclusion
> after spending some time with section hikers in our
> mobile community, that in some ways section-hiking
> is harder. The most obvious to me is that a
[clip]

I absolutely agree. Section hikers that are out to actually do the entire
trail, not just do two weeks and then claim to be a thru-hiker wanna-be, or
a 2000 miler wanna-be, get maximum respect from me.

What did I have to do? I took 6 months off my life, flew to Georgia, walked
for 2167 miles on the trail, went back to my family and job and it was over.

What do they have to do? Drive hundreds of miles a year, walk for one, two
or three weeks, go back to their lives, ache for weeks, come next vacation
... repeat. Do this for 20 years and you have a 2000 mile hike.

I could never pull it off.  My hat's off to anyone who can!

-p

--
Paddler
http://paddler99.trailstories.com