Re: [at-l] taping

I definitely went all out and bought a pair of light weight, shock absorbing
Leki hiking poles.  It's also really easy to quickly change the length to
allow for ascents and descents on the trail.  I LOVE my poles.  They're
definitely knee savers.  Plus I was hiking with them at Seashore State Park
in Virginia Beach last winter and someone made fun of me for hiking with "Ski
poles." He was following behind me and we came to a very long, muddy deep
puddle with a small tree branch in the middle of it. I navigated across the
shifting branch, using my poles the whole time, and got across.  When he
tried to cross using the branch he fell on his behind right into the mud.  I
wanted to say something to him but I just smiled to myself and moved on.
Kathy

<< Good for you, go for it while you can! One of the best thing to have a
hike,
 that will help your knees is TWO hiking poles.

 WIldbill >>

To:            at-l@backcountry.net