Re: [at-l] N. Georgia Hike - October 22

In a message dated 12/9/2000 7:27:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
krk@mail.speakeasy.org writes:

> As we drove back to Amicalola we came to  the small town of Dalongha (sp?)
> where something was
> clearly happening. There were cops all over directing , sort of, traffic.
> We asked one cop for
> directions were given some and we tried to follow them. We followed them as
> best as we could and got
> to a point where we were told we had to turn around or if we were here for
> the Gold Rush, whatevr

Oct 21 & 22 2000
The Gold Rush Days festival is a project of the Dahlonega Jaycees and
commemorates the first major gold rush in America which occurred in 1828 in
the Dahlonega area. It is always celebrated on the third full weekend in
October. Activities continue throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday and in
addition to the unique shops for which Dahlonega is noted there are over 300
booths featuring arts, crafts and food making Gold Rush Days the largest arts
and crafts festival in NE Georgia. Traditional mountain festivities such as
hog calling, liar's contest, crosscut sawing, clogging and buck dancing, and
bluegrass music is included.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---