Re: [at-l] yogi-ing hikers?

In a message dated 12/8/2000 1:50:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, MMSW00@aol.com
writes:

> What does it mean to yogi another hiker on the trail?
>
> Are lines already hung in the shelters to hang food bags on, or do I need
> rig up some contraption of string, tuna can, and coffee lids myself before
> leave?

Yogi is trying to get something for free, most often it is food. Comes from
Yogi the bear in the Yellowstone Cartoon.

You will not need to make something to hang your food bag from in side a
shelter. I some area it is not good the hung you food in the shelter. You
should hang it from a tree in those areas.

Wildbill
GA to ME 1989 thru-hike
GA to ME to GA 1992-3   Yo-Yo hike

multipart/alternative