[at-l] Re: [BackpackingLight] Ankle Board

I am curious. Does anyone tape or otherwise brace ankles or knees in our
sport? I see the occasional knee brace worn after injury, but usually
indicating lack of conditioning and weak quads. There is much lore in
contact sports and basketball regarding taping joints pregame. I agree that
many of the high tops do not seem to provide all that much support. I'm
considering a try with low top trail or running shoes, taping my ankles,
and seeing how a few climbs go before my next 1-2 weeks out. I suspect
someone else has tried this and I'd like to avoid re-inventing the Titanic.

;-)

OrangeBug

BTW, I'm crossposting this to AT-L to get other opinions.

To:            Kenneth Knight <krk@mail.speakeasy.org>
Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net