Re: [at-l] Long Day in the Whites...

> > If you are a strong hiker, you can probably get in about 15 miles. If
>you are a psycho hiker...20 miles. :D

The thruhikers who tend to do miles in the Whites tend to be slackpacking.

I must admit, my figures were for backpacking... Most of my hiking in the Whites have been been with  a full pack. Don't really know 'in my gut' how long it would take with a day pack.

(I remember Gingerbread Man of '98 did the Whites in less than two days! Wearing Tevas....he also did the 100 mile wilderness in two days.. No slackpacking! Ouch..)
The true harvest of my life is intagiable...a little
stardust caught, a portion of the rainbow that I have clutched.
-Thoreau

To:            <WHHAWKINS@aol.com>, <at-l@backcountry.net>