Re: [at-l] Felix

hudsom@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Nice of you to introduce yourself <g>...

You guys are all great. Much better than that other list I'm on. (CEL-L,
Convicts Enjoying Love List)

> As long as we're vicariously reliving your thru-hike maybe you could share
> with us your recipe for Mac 'N Cheese ala Coleman fuel... don't think I
> ever did get the whole story....

It's really quite easy. Here it is:
Ingredients
One rainy day in New York
A stove to leak white gas into your cooking pot
A shelter like a house
A hand pump with orange water
A friend with a two door car with a good heater
A LONG AND WINDING ROAD

Here's what you do:
Hike in the rain to RPH shelter. Start preparing a hot meal. When you find out
that your stove leaked into your cooking pot, don't do a very good job
cleaning the pot. (The reason you don't do a very good job will be a
conglamoration of these facts: You are cold and hungry. The water is ugly. You
don't care.) After the meal is prepared, you eat a lot of it, even though it
tastes 'funny'. Then, get in the backseat of the friend's car and ride to Bear
Mountain P.O. and back. Just as you are getting back to the shelter, vomit. (I
chose to do this in a paper bag that was used to carry denatured alcohol. The
denatured alcohol was going to be used in the Trangia stove that I was to use
from that day forth. So, the last meal I cooked with my Peak 1, ended up in a
paper bag in the backseat of Skeet's car. Well, under the front seat. Did you
ever find it?)

2 years ago today was the second day Pilot and I spent at Fox Hill Inn    :-)

--
Felix Navidad
ME-->GA '98

To:            Felix <AThiker@smithville.net>