Re: [at-l] Hiking in the Smokies

on line map of the smokies!!

http://www.nps.gov/carto/

http://www.nps.gov/carto/GRSM.html

both end at davenport gap.  the difference is : from alum cave you go
to mount leconte 1st then over the boulevard trail to ice water
springs then north on the AT.  from NFG it's AT all the way.  and a
day shorter.

there are shelters galore up there.  and, yes, you always have to make
reservations in the smokies for shelters and reserved tent sites.
call 865-436-1231.  I also have a great NPS smokies weather and road
conditions phone number if you want it. (wish I had a web site)  but,
then, you live up there and most likely know the weather.

t.