Re: [at-l] bivy vs. tent

Arrgh! You're not ready for this in February! I have been amazed
watching bivy users get in and out, with an incredible amount of
efficiency. This is an area where a small tarp/poncho/umbrella (there,
I said it) can come in handy. Climb in the bivy wet (without boots),
change clothes, leave the wet stuff in there as your body heat will
help dry it, pull in the sleeping bag, do the cooking/eating/sleep
thing. Reverse the procedure next AM. If you are camping alone or with
good friends, most of us lose our modesty. (Just wait for the morning
trumpets to sound!)

Go out and practice this a few times, first in dry cold and later in
rain and/or snow.

Bill...