[at-l] gear

Hmmm, a non-wise guy post by Skeeter, what's the at-l coming to???

First, on watches...
Since most of my hiking is solo, I end up using the watch to force myself
to take breaks at set times, otherwise I end up getting in the mileage
grind and hiking myself into the ground.
Second is navigation. I know that I average a little over 2 mph, so if I
look at the map and think I've gone 12 miles and I've only been hiking for
four hours I need to take another look.
Third, the watch keeps me from eating crunchy pasta or pasta mush.

Next is the Campmor Holiday catalog.... I spent some time trying to track
down a Puffball jacket without any luck. The Campmor catalog has the
Northface Cerro Torre (spelling?) jacket in their Special Deals section for
about half price...
$80 or so... with any luck Santa will leave one under my X-mas tree...

Skeeter

To:            at-l@backcountry.net