[at-l] Trailname Explanation (was re:Another cold weather question)

In a message dated 12/3/00 7:01:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

<< BTW, you can't take a trailname without a reason behind it. Tell the
 tale, Out Patient!

Ok, I'll try to explain this so it makes sense. A few days ago I made a post
to the effect that I don't really feel well unless I'm outside. This isn't a
new revelation to me, it's something I've been aware of for a very long time,
it seems to be foremost in my mind as of late. Then Friday I was literally an
out-patient for a procedure at the local hospital. As I was sitting in the
waiting area, I was thinking about the outside/feeling good correlation and
happened to look up at the sign which read, "Out Patient". Somehow it just
seemed to click.  I'm a patient who needs to get "out" in order to be well.
Then I had such a great time outside on Saturday, that it just seemed even
more right.  My other choice would've been Outsider, but that has a different
story, and seemed more likely to have been used.  Hope that explanation makes
sense, and is acceptable to the trailname approval board. <VBG>
        Out Patient  (aka Tina)

To:            at-l@backcountry.net