Re: [at-l] Another cold weather question

In a message dated 12/3/00 3:02:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

<< There are a few solutions to the hydration bladder question. One would
 be to run the line inside your shell, perhaps feeding through a pitzip.....

Thanks for the response, OB.  I had kinda been thinking while I was walking
that some sort of interior pocket would be a good idea, I was thinking of
using a bladder with a sip top rather than a drink tube, but running the tube
inside my fleece would probably work. I'm still at a bit of a loss
re:obtaining more water while on the trail though, I'll need to do more
research. I guess if I was using the inline filter it could be kept inside
next to my body as well. I know you're not alone in your preference of this
filter, I'm interested in it, but am a bit skeptical as to how you can
collect water when the source isn't free flowing (like a muddy puddle, or a
very low stream).

>>What crampon solution (if any) did you settle on and did you try it?<<

I've ordered a pair of the 4-point instep crampons with the Delrin buckle
which Woodelf recommended. Since he's had good luck with them, and the weight
and price are right, I decided to start there. I haven't received them yet,
so I'll have to let you know how the y work for me. Yesterday was very cool
and snowy, but not realy slippery, the snow wasn't packed down to an icy
state, and was 'squeeky cold powder', my favorite.
    BTW, I think I've decided on a trailname, unless someone else has laid
claim to it, Out Patient.           Tina

To:            TeeEmAch@aol.com
Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net