Re: [at-l] Mt. LeConte trails

when I called the shuttle service, this AM, the lady made the EXACT same
comments. I decided to have them take me to the alum cave trail
instead.  I had forgotten all about that possibility.  I've always
wanted to see the caves. & this way I can still see mount leconte & the
boulevard trail.   the cables worry me a bit; it should make it
interesting.

I've always wondered what I'd do on the AT, south of shuckstack, on that
long downhill into fontana. That narrow rocky ledge *without* cables.
felix might have a thought here??

The best things about alum cave trail are it is shorter, and, has less
elevation gain.  particularly on the 1st day with full pack.

t.

To:            DaRedhead@aol.com, at-l@backcountry.net