[at-l] Misc. thoughts

I took a walk today at lunchtime.  As I walked along the river, I had a
feeling of awe and mystery come over me, similar to one I often get from the
trail. Watching the water flow by, I thought about where it came from and
where it was going, some of it may have been run off from some of the same
peaks the footpath travels. I've noticed the only time  feel really alive is
when I'm outside.  When I've been inside too long my thoughts get jumbled, I
often feel depressed, I feel so stifled.  But when I get outside, my head
starts to clear, it feels as though I can notice everything, the trees and
river speak to me. That which is alive brings life to me, and that
environment which is laced with greed drains me.  I really need a long hike,
long enough to really clear my head, not just momentarily.
                     Tina

To:            garyticknor@starpower.williams.edu
Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net