[at-l] Cold weather food management (was PB Question)

Cold temps require more advance prep...

Make the PB sandwiches ahead of time.  They are still good frozen and you
don't have to try to spread the frozen PB.

Cut cheese ahead of time into small bite size chunks.  Even if they freeze,
they'll warm up in your mouth and be great to eat.  Same thing with chunks
of sausage.  Store them separately in ziploc bags or your cheese will taste
like sausage.

Cookies, brownies, and crackers are all good when frozen.

Reese PB cups and Nutrageous are still easy to eat when frozen.  Snickers
and Power Bars will crack your teeth when frozen.  :-)

Put offset tabs on your ziploc bags to you can open them with mittened
hands.

Keep your water under as many layers of your clothing as possible to use
your body temp to keep it from freezing.  Store it upside down so that when
it does start freezing, it will be the "bottom" that freezes first and
you'll still be able to open and drink the rest.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99

To:            m_factor@hotmail.com
Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net