[at-l] two times one year ago

Two years ago yesterday my group was being driven back to
the Trail from Washington DC. Sundown, Lucky Luke and
Calamity Jane and I spent two nights at the home of Stoat's
sister. A really good time was had by all (at least the
hiker contingent.) We got a ride back to VA 621 with
Snail-no-more. After picking up Sundown's maildrop and doing
some vehicle jockeying with my good friend Southpaw, we hit
the trail at about 10:00 p.m.  (I think it was 10) Footnote:
While in the parking lot just north of Niday S., Sundown
broke down his maildrop to get rid of any trsh that he
could. He did this by headlight. His maildrop weighed 25
lbs, cost $43 to send and caused Sundown to end up with 5
cans of Skoal and three cameras. It was a short hike to
Niday S. The days off for Thanksgiving really took their
toll on me the next day (2 yeas ago today) I struggled to do
12 miles to Laurel Creek Shelter. Snail and I stayed there.
Sundown never left Niday Shelter and LL and CJ made it to
WAr Spur. The pasture hiking between Niday and Laurel Creek
is some of my favorite hiking of the AT.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98

To:            at-l@backcountry.net