[at-l] nastyiest winter camping

The coldest I have ever camped in is minus 6 degrees, wind chill of 20
below, in January in Wisconsin.
I was chaperoning a large group of homeschoolers, only about 7 girls and 50
guys.

4 of us slept out under the stars that night. A  male counselor, and boy,  a
female counselor(me :) and a girl.

The rest had tents. The tents were almost impossible to get down in the
morning, frozen stiff.
I had a -10 bag, two layers of long underware, and a fleece liner. I woke to
a ring of ice around my cinched up hood of my mummy bag. What an experience!
Brawny

To Walk in the Wilderness is Freedom--
http://www.trailquest.mynet.ws

To:            at-l@backcountry.net