Re: [at-l] Icy footing (was Trip Report)

Hah! Another Gear Question!

Given that I live in Atlanta and abhore ice, snow and solid
precipitation, I wouldn't know from experience. I think this is the
purpose of crampons. There are other options including studded galoshes
that fit over your boots, minicrampons, and the like. When you get to
Georgia, it is a good idea to consider this risk as you get to Blood
Mt. and other rocky balds.

It may be a better idea to await the early afternoon warmup and have a
short walking day during our ice storms. Underfoot is one hazard, but
falling ice and limbs can be equally challenging.

Bill......