Re: [at-l] About White Lies

<< Bring cold weather gear for sure, you could get lucky and see some serious
New England weather, but expect glorious days no matter what! Stealth camp
whenever possible (there's usally an "outlaw" sight  a 1/4 mile before or
after an official AMC fee area) or use the campsites or shelters. >>
 Not really 'outlaw'...
 You can camp for free anywhere in the Whites below treeline ( trees less
than 6 ft high), even in the RUA's if you stay a little bit away from water,
trails, and shelters.
 I'd suggest staying at a Hut one night, if you can plan far enough ahead to
make a reservation. Go Northbound, and start at Hiker's Welcome in Glencliff.
I'd stay away from making exact plans. Weather will decide how far and how
fast you'll be able to go. Stay flexible, and you'll have the most fun!
have a great hike!
TJ

To:            at-l@backcountry.net