Re: [at-l] The nastiest winter cam

My coldest was in basic training at Ft Knox KY.  I do not know the actual
temp as I did not see a thermometer but according to the drill sgt we were
trucked to the bivouack site because the temps were expected to reach -30F
and they did not want us to get sweaty.  The next morning we marched back
(the long way to make up for the trucking of the previous night).  The
coldest day I remember was one morning in VT when I looked out the window
and first realized that -40 F was the same as -40 C.  Went and threw
another log on the fire and stayed in all day.
Rich

To:            at-l@backcountry.net