[at-l] Re: New on the list thread comments

I haven't yet tried to obtain Alcohol while on the AT but
I expect finding Alcohol on the AT would be as easy or easier than
finding white gas on the AT. Denatured is available where ever paint is
sold. Dry gas is available in many stores and gas stations but one must
read the label since not all are 100% Alcohol. Everclear ... Well, if
the Bar or liquor store carries it you have found stove fuel. And you
can keep alcohol in your bounce box which you can't do with white gas
(as long as your package is properly prepared following postal regs).

What problems have people shared with using alcohol stoves in winter? I
have placed my stove and fuel in the freezer overnight then pulled it
out and light it with a lighter. I needed to use a little more preheat
fuel but I have to do the same with my wisperlight. I have used my stove
in the upper 30s without problem.

>Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 19:47:23 -0800 (PST)
>From: Orange Bug <orangebug74@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: [at-l] New on the list

>Which one of those links is the famous Photon Alcohol stove? Rick, it
>appears to be "da bomb" as the kids would say.

>Bill...

The Photon stove is at this URL:
http://www.members.home.net/d.h.j/index.html

Also, in response to requests, I have made a few to sell. Send an email
to photonstove@home.com and I will send you an order form.

Photon

To:            At-l <at-l@backcountry.net>