Re: [at-l] wilderness conceptual coolness...

Submarine races seem to have been held in many locations.  My favorite
viewing locations were the lookouts on the Palisades Interstate Parkway a
few miles north of the GW Bridge.  The view from the top of the palisades
to the Huson River was ideal for watching the races.  To make this trail
related, I add the following:
1.  The Long Trail which runs from the GW Bridge to the Catskills runs
through the lookouts.
2.  The northern terminus of the Palisades Interstate Parkway is the Bear
Mountain Bridge, which is of course the lowest point on the AT.
Rich

To:            at-l@backcountry.net
Cc:            at-l@backcountry.net