[at-l] another 2 years...

2 years ago last night had me and Sundown hiking over a snow-covered
trail to Thunder Hill shelter. We got there a couple hours after dark.
(It seems it was a couple hours after dark when I got anywhere.) There
was no water. Sundown had a fresh 6 pack of Budweiser from Glasgow, VA.
He used it to cook his Liptons. It really stunk up the shelter, beer
steaming and all. But, it tasted pretty good. This was our first night
with Lucky Luke and Calamaity Jane. Well, first night since Story Spring
way back in VT, where I hadn't talked to them at all. They, being
Germans, didn't mind the smell of the boiling beer.  I feel that I
should now tell you something that happened two years ago night before
last. Sundown and I were at John's Hollow S. He was getting ready to get
another illegal fire going. He was meesing around in the firepit when he
found a package of smoky links, cooked, but in the package. He was
looking at them, and actually smelled them. I wouldn't let him eat them.

So, two years ago today, we hiked over Apple Orchard Mtn, where we got
Mt. Dew from the guys in the space ship. I met Peggy at Cornelius Creek.
Went on to Bryant Ridge for a short 10 mile day. I love that shelter.
Later that night (2 years ago tonight), about 11:00, I think, some guy
and his dog come into the shelter. He was makin' lots of racket. He
wasn't trying to, it just turned out that way. The next morning, he said
"If I'd knowed you was here, I'd brought you some killer vittles."  But,
that was two years ago tomorrow. Now, wasn't it.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98

To:            "Rick Bohan" <bohan19@idt.net>