Re: [at-l] laces and knots

Yes, There is a much better way of tying shoes than the knot most people use... A Square knot! Make a loop out of each lace, and tie the loops together with a square knot. Pull each side of the loop which is not the loose end very hard when tying. The knot will still untie by pulling on the loose end, but it will resist coming undone because of the superior holding power of the square knot. Source "Camping and Woodcraft" Horace Kephart originally published in 1917.

  Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 18:38:20 -0800
  From: Pat Villeneuve <pvillen@imap1.asu.edu>
  Subject: [at-l] laces and knots

  Okay, my double-knotted laces in my running shoes have been coming
  undone while I'm running. Any suggestions on how I can prevent this from
  happening? I figure there's a lot of knotting and tieing experience on a
  hiking [and running] list. 'Nuff said...

  Thanks-
  Give Me Chocolate

multipart/alternative
  text/html