Re: [at-l] New on the list

Welcome to the list. Pull up a log around the fire. Do you need a
smashmellow?

First, you must stay on topic and never vary from anything to do with
the AT. We discuss AT 24/7/365 very seriously and obsessively. While
there are good treatments for this condition, none of us have shown any
benefit.

RE: Stoves. Alcohol stoves are much cheaper and lower tech. There could
be some problems finding ethanol (denatured or grain) on the AT in many
towns. Cartridge stoves occasionally have similar problems, but not
often. Alcohol tends to burn cooler, and may not be a good choice in
winter hiking. For that matter, many cartridge stoves may have low
pressure in winter hiking. Good ole' white gas stoves are more reliable
in such situations, although much heavier.

RE: Chafing dish. Any hikerbabe without hiking skivies with hiking
skivies would qualify.

RE: Hills of North Carolina. Which ones did you grow near? Tell us
about your hiking experiences!

Bill Thorneloe