Re: [at-l] wilderness conceptual coolness...

Sloetoe,

I  totally agree...and I will continue to have "wilderness experiences".
For me, the trail remains a "spiritual experience" and a harbor from the
problems of the world.  I enjoy connecting with like minded folks along the
way but, once in a while, I revel on the times when I stop and really listen
and hear absolutely nothing.

BTW, this starting me thinking about Walden for some reason.  I used to live
near Walden Pond in Massachusetts.  Several times, years ago, I went
searching (with a young man, of course) trying to find Walden's cabin.  This
young man insisted that there was one and what an exciting place it was.
This isn't one, as I finally realized!  I think he was trying to just get me
out in the woods alone.  It took at least 10 trips out there for me to
realize that there was no cabin.  Or maybe I just didn't want to know.....

Hmmm...I guess that last paragraph has nothing to do with anything, but it
is early Sunday morning and I am feeling strange..LOL

Hummingbird (who always has liked to play in the woods!)

To:            AT-list <at-l@backcountry.net>