[at-l] new on the list

Well, I have been lurking here to get a feel for the list.
So to join together few threads...  The AT is not a wilderness experience. It
is a natural outdoor experience.  Expect to meet lots of people whether you
are going north or south.  Expect to make some good friends and some life
long friends. Some people will even meet their future spouse on the trail. I
did.

If I were to do the trail again today I would go south to avoid some of the
crowds.  Start hiking earlier in the morning to have some brief solitude and
to increase the chance of seeing wildlife.

To:            at-l <at-l@backcountry.net>