[at-l] RE: Equipment list

I own a golite and love it. It  has few spots where the threads got week but
hopefully they are manufacturing them better now. I bought one as soon as
they came out.

Sleeping bag: WM are great bags, but you can buy other bags cheaper and
similar in weight. I think Orangebug told you about the BPL list.

The z-rest on the inside of a go-lite works great for a back support. It
actually is support for pokey things in the back more than anything.

Alcohol stoves rule. But if you are timing it the alcohol will cetainly
lose. I have made many of these and like the pepsi can design the best.

2 great sites to check out are Michaels Ultra light backpacking page and
John O's page. Both great sources of info. They do the gear tests themselves
and write reviews. I would not be afraid to copy either of these two
equipment lists exactly. They take the guess work out.

Now a plug for myself. www.adventurelite.com. I sell sil-nylon stuff sacks
and pack covers also photon lights. CHEAP!
and www.theunderwearguys.com. light and cheap underwear and fleece.

The Mayor

To:            at-l@backcountry.net