Re: [at-l] Sleeping bag - Part II

RoseMarie/Al Sarra wrote:

> Those of you who found your mummy bags too constricting so you moved to a
> semi-rectangular bag - - how satisfied are you with the change??

Absolutely. I'm not big, and I'm not claustrophobic, but I hated waking up every
morning hogtied in my mummy, usually with the zipper pinned under my body. (Such
a lovely image...)

> Were you
> able to adequately find enough room for your legs in the semi or did you
> eventually change to the even heavier traditional bag??  And finally, was
> the weight change worth the comfort??

I went straight from a synthetic mummy to Campmor's down rectangular, 20*. It's
only 2.5#, so I actually lost weight and bulk.

Color me happy-
Give Me Chocolate

To:            ronm@fallingwater.com, at-l@backcountry.net